Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011



Hey eco Guys and Gals! I'm Shannon Flaherty and I'm so glad you could make it to my blog!

This blog is going to be about the things we chose to put in our bodies as fuel. This includes food and water. My Read 'n' Seed is on Aqua Shock: The Water Crisis in America so there will be ample information on water: what are the current issues with it, how that affects agriculture, and how we can change to conserve and provide clean water. I'll also be reading "The Food Revolution" to give information on the food that water grows for us to keep living. One specific quote by Hippocrates motivated me to study the relationship between man and food in terms of health. He said, "let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." I know this hasn't been America's strongest point: being the fast food nation, but we are already making efforts to go back to our grass roots. Our mothers said urged us to drink water instead of pop and eat our greens, but this blog is taking it further than that. I'm on a mission to motivate people to turn into GreenMachines. 

There are 5 possible types of posts on my blog. They include:


  1. Advocacy Project
  2. Eye Openers
  3. Reflections
  4. Read 'n' Seed
  5. Share and Voice

If you notice at the bottom of this post, the categories will be listed as labels. This post has been labeled with all five kinds of posts. You will also see the number of each kind of post in my Labels Gadget at the top of the page. All post titles from now on will begin with one of the categories above.

The members of my web group are: 



  1. http://colefisher.blogspot.com/
  2. http://enviro-surfingwithamyandkristen.blogspot.com/
  3. http://creativewithcayla.blogspot.com/
  4. http://www.blogger.com/profile/05507051340565114957a



You can also follow my blog by clicking "Follow this Blog" in the gadget column. You can see my complete profile and all the blogs I am following by clicking on "See Complete Profile." (Make sure all these gadgets are in place).

I'm really excited to share all that I know on this topic. I'm hoping to do the read'n'seed and I'll definitely be sharing on this. If you have an interest in this similar topic, you can blog and talk to me. Go Green while being a GreenMachine!

6 comments:

  1. Fun pictures Shannon! I look forward to reading your blog and learning from you. For the past couple years I have been making it a point to eat as healthy as I can so I'm sure I will run across of lot of information on your blog that I will find very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I would change your web group members, as on the calendar they are actually as follows :: GROUP 2: Cole F., Shannon F., Cayla G., Alyssa G., Dr. V./Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. I didn't scroll down enough on the calendar to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, that's a great quote; I'll have to remember that! I love how you had fun with the photos, it sets a nice tone for your blog; serious topics but still fun. Looking forward to seeing what kind of recipes you have up your sleeve... I love to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love food and could always use tips on how to eat healthier. I look forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blog! I'm excited to hear more about the shopping on a budget and learn more about how food affects us. :)

    ReplyDelete